I just think everything tastes better with chocolate. This healthy granola is the topping you need for all those smoothie bowls recipes in my blog!
You can adjust it to your likings. Add some almonds for more crispness; or add some chocolate chips (after granola is baked); just because there is never too much chocolate…
It’s important to let the granola cool down very well after baking, otherwise it won’t remain crispy.
Prep time: 5 minutes – Cook time: 45 minutes – Yield: 10 servings
- 130g rolled oats
- 30g coconut flakes
- 20g cacao powder
- 5g cinnamon
- 150 ml water
- 5ml vanilla
- 3 large medjool dates, pitted
- 30g sunflower seeds
- 20g pumpkin seeds
- 40g dried raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F).
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the oats, coconut flakes, cacao powder, and cinnamon.
- In a blender, add the water, vanilla, and dates. Blend until smooth.
- Add to the blender the sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Blend briefly on low, just to slightly ground the seeds.
- Add the blended mixture to the mixing bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Spread granola evenly on a baking sheet (see picture below).
- Bake for 30 min. Mix up the granola so the outside part doesn’t burn. Bake for another 15 minutes.
- Let cool and dry for at least 15 minutes, and add raisins to the granola (optional).
Did you make this recipe? Tag @thedorkyfrench on instagram and hashtag it #thedorkyfrench