Delicious, healthy and tasty treat to enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee.
To be very honest, I first though I won’t publish this recipe after noting the shape and colour of this biscuits that might be perplex and compared to some sort of unicorn poop.
But after baking and tasting them, I decided it would be foolish not to share this recipe, considering they ended up tasting absolutely amazing, and looking kind of fancy for some biscuits that only take a few minutes to make.
Sweetened with a banana, these vegan biscuits are free from gluten and refined sugar and made with only 5 ingredients.
They made my afternoon tea so much more enjoyable and I hope they’ll be as helpful to you!
Recipe in video:
Calories per biscuit: 110 – Macros: 3g P/ 17g C/ 4g F
Prep time: 15 minutes – Cook time: 20 minutes – Yield: 10 biscuits
- 150 g oat flour
- 30 g coconut flour
- 1 mashed ripped banana (about 120 g)
- 50 ml water
- 70 g dark chocolate (I use 60% dark chocolate)
- 10 g cacao nibs (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180.C (356.F).
- Add the oat flour and coconut flour in a mixing bowl.
- Mix with a whisk or a fork and add the mashed banana.
- In a separate mug, microwave the dark chocolate with water for 1 minute, until chocolate is melted.
- Mix the chocolate sauce with a spoon and pour it into the mixing bowl.
- Mix with a whisk or a fork until the dough is uniform and comes together.
- Use your hands to make 10 balls each about the size of a ping-pong ball.
- On a clean surface, roll each ball into a long sausage and make it as thin as possible, then roll them each into a spiral.
- Put baking sheet on a baking tray and place the spirals on it.
- Add some cacao nibs on top of each spiral (optional).
- Use your hands to flatten up the spirals.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
-To turn oats into oat flour, blend them into a blender or food processor. You can also find pre-made oat flour in store.
-Flattening up the spirals is the important step to avoid your biscuits to look like unicorn poop!
Did you make this recipe? Tag @thedorkyfrench on instagram and hashtag it #thedorkyfrench
10% off all Kuky bowls products, coconut bowls and cutlery by using this link.