This easy-to-make Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and oil-free. Baked in the oven and topped with a 3 ingredients vegan parmesan, this simple healthy yet original dinner will leave you content and satisfied.
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE!
For more vegan dinner ideas recipes, check out this Chickpea Flour Quiche (egg-free | gluten-free options), this Two-Bean Vegan Chili (gluten-free | in Instant Pot), or again this Hummus Caramelized Onion Pizza (no cheese).
You can also tag me on Instagram @thedorkyfrench so I can see what you made!
HEALTHY BLACK BEANS STUFFED AUBERGINE RECIPE
This Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine recipe is:
- quick and easy-to-make
- and egg-free.
WHAT TO HAVE WITH BLACK BEANS STUFFED AUBERGINE?
First, you should know that you may have some leftover aubergine stuffing after stuffing the halves of aubergine. So you could simply serve the leftover stuffing on side of your Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine, along with some salad. I also like to spread the leftover stuffing on top of an avocado toast and then serve it on side.
Here are my suggestions on what to serve with this Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine recipe:
- Squash Finger Nuggets (gluten-free | vegan)
- Spicy Potato Chips (oil-free | easy)
- Mushroom, Lime and Peas Risotto (in Instant Pot).
You could also add some extra 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (less than 2 minutes) to top your Stuffed Aubergine after baking.
RECIPE IN VIDEO
Follow TheDorkyFrench on youtube for more vegan recipe videos.
HOW TO MAKE BLACK BEANS STUFFED AUBERGINE?
You will need:
- cooked black beans
- spices (paprika, salt and cumin seeds)
- homemade 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (less than 2 minutes) ;or store-bought vegan parmesan.
HOW TO COOK STUFFED AUBERGINE?
We will first cook the aubergine stuffing on a cooking pan for 3 to 5 minutes. Next, we will stuff the aubergine halves, add 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (less than 2 minutes) and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
Please note this is just an overview of the recipe. Scroll down to the end of the page to see the full printable recipe.
CAN YOU FREEZE STUFFED AUBERGINE?
No, I do not recommend you freezing this Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine recipe. It is best eaten warm and fresh out of the oven.
Enough questions, now let’s get cooking! (Feel free to leave a comment at the end of the page if you have any questions regarding substitutions or any other matter.)
Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine (oil-free | vegan)
- Cooking pan
- Baking tray (and baking paper)
- wooden spoon
- 1 aubergine - washed
- 1 onion - peeled
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 can of cooked black beans - drain weight: 240 g
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt - or adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (less than 2 minutes)*
- Watch the recipe video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
- Preheat the oven to 200.C (392.F).
- Cut the aubergine in half and scoop out the aubergine flesh with a tablespoon, leaving about 1/2 to 1 cm on the edges. Place the halves of aubegine on a baking tray with baking paper and set on side.
- Heat up a cooking pan. Meanwhile, finely chop the aubergine flesh, the onion and the tomatoes, and add them to the pan.
- Add spices (paprika, cumin seeds and salt), mix with a wooden spoon and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, add rinsed and drained black beans, and mix well.
- Stuff the aubergine with the stir fry stuffing.** Then sprinkle 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (less than 2 minutes)* on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until edges are brown and aubergine is cooked. Optional: add chopped spring onion and black pepper on top.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Please note that all nutrition facts found on this website are for informational purposes only. Refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links. We only link products we use and recommend or know could be helpful to you. You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious recipes and useful content.