This Cardamom Protein Oatmeal is a simple, quick and delicious breakfast. Made with 5 simple ingredients and in less than 20 minutes, this recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and easy-to-make. This healthy and high in protein porridge is also perfect to enjoy as a pre-workout snack.
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE.
Save this recipe for later, and as always, feel free to leave a comment to let us know how the recipe went for you. Or tag @thedorkyfrench on social medias, it’s always great to see your food creations and variations and it is a fun way to support TheDorkyFrench at no cost.
Looking for more vegan breakfast recipes?
- Vegan Chocolate Stuffed Pancakes (gluten-free)
- Buckwheat Cookies (only 5 ingredients)
- Chickpea ‘Omelette’ (no onion | no added oil)
- Quick Orange Brioche Buns (vegan | no butter).
WHO SAID OATMEAL HAD TO BE BORING?
Oatmeal is my go-to breakfast because it is so easy to make and is so versatile.
Cardamom Protein Oatmeal has been a life-saver as a college student. This nutritious and wholesome breakfast keeps me full for hours.
I love adding new spices and toppings to my oatmeal for some change; and this Cardamom Protein Oatmeal is so satisfying when you need a change to your routine.
IS CARDAMOM GOOD IN OATMEAL?
We can all agree that plain oatmeal does not taste great. But adding some earthy spices such as cardamom, along with your favourite sweetener, may leave you making oatmeal every single day!
This Cardamom Protein Oatmeal recipe is made with the 5 following simple, plant-based ingredients:
- Rolled oats
- Water (or plant milk)
- Vegan protein powder (sweetened)
- Cardamom pods
- Pinch of salt
I use 2 cardamom pods in this recipe, but if you don’t have pods on hand, feel free to use pre-ground cardamom as well. Start with 1/4 teaspoon. You can add more if needed, depending on how strong you want the cardamom taste to be.
WHAT TO TOP CARDAMOM PROTEIN PORRIDGE WITH?
I really enjoy adding fresh fruit to my oatmeal (especially berries). But if they are not in season, feel free to use frozen ones. You could also cook some apples with some cinnamon… it tastes great with cardamom!
Dates, maple syrup, and nut butter are also great options.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN CARDAMOM PROTEIN OATMEAL?
Scroll down to the end of the page to find the full, printable recipe.
- First, grind the cardamom pods. Throw away the outer shell.
- Add all the ingredients into a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the oats are visibly thick.
- Take the oats off of the heat and add in protein powder (sweetened). Use a whisk to stir in the protein powder (this will prevent clumps). Add some plant milk if needed.
- Serve and top with your favorite toppings.
I hope you try out this recipe and enjoy it!
Cardamom Protein Oatmeal
- 25 g rolled oats
- 300 ml water - or plant milk
- 30 g vegan protein powder - sweetened (I use Vivo Life)
- 2 cardamom pods - or 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch salt
- fruits - strawberries / cooked apple / mango
- nut butter - cashew or almond butter would be best
- maple syrup
- chopped dates
- Using a mortar and pestle, grind your cardamom pods very well. Throw away the outer shell.
- Add rolled oats, water, ground cardamom seeds, and salt into a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat and allow the water to come to a boil. Cook for 10-15 minutes until the oats are visibly thick (there will be some remaining water).
- Take the oats off of the heat and add in protein powder. Use a whisk stir in the protein powder (this will prevent clumps). Add a tablespoon or two of plant milk (or water) if needed at this stage.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl and top with your favorite toppings.
Please note that all nutrition facts found on this website are for informational purposes only. Refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links. We only link products we use and recommend or know could be helpful to you. You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious recipes and useful content.