A delicious vegan Chickpea Flour Quiche that is fun and easy to make for any occasion! This recipe is nut-free, egg-free, dairy-free and so perfectly creamy. Gluten-free options if necessary. Both metrics and US customary measurements available.
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE!
Make sure you bookmark (or pin) this Chickpea Flour Quiche recipe, it will add one extra delicious meals to your easy-to-make dinner ideas!
You can also tag me on Instagram @thedorkyfrench if you try this recipe, or just leave a comment at the end of the page to let me know how it went for you! It always makes me so happy to see you guys making my recipes.
Looking for more easy-to-make vegan dinner recipes?
- Hummus Caramelized Onion Pizza (no cheese)
- 3 ingredients Bean Burgers (no blender | oil-free)
- Easy Chickpea Curry (in only 30 minutes)
- Coconut Red Lentil Dhal (gluten-free | oil-free).
IS QUICHE VEGAN?
Quiche is a French tart made of pastry crust and savoury filling. The most popular French quiche is the quiche Lorraine, usually made with eggs, butter, plain flour, and lardons.
I grew up eating a lot of quiche as a kid. It was just one of the meals my mum would make a lot back in France. She would often make the traditional quiche Lorraine. Naturally, I taught myself how to make a vegan version of a similar quiche to be able to continue enjoying the creaminess and satisfaction of this amazing easy French dish.
If you feel like making some more French recipes, here is what I have for you:
VEGAN CHICKPEA FLOUR QUICHE RECIPE
What if I told you I came up with a “can’t tell the difference” vegan quiche recipe? It’s a recipe I have made and remade so many times, as it also makes a convenient dinner and can be adapted to your preferences. See the end of the recipe description for possible substitutions.
This Chickpea Flour Quiche is made:
- without eggs, cheese, or butter
- without aquafaba
- with no tofu.
And this vegan quiche is:
- ready in 30 minutes
- and dairy-free.
RECIPE IN VIDEO
Follow TheDorkyFrench on youtube for more vegan recipe videos.
CHICKPEA FLOUR QUICHE FILLING
To make the filling, you will need:
- chickpea flour (aka gram flour)
- canned coconut milk
- nutritional yeast
- and stir-fried veggies.
A mixing bowl and a whisk are then all that you need to mix all these ingredients and make the filling for this Chickpea Flour Quiche recipe.
CHICKPEA FLOUR QUICHE CRUST BASE
The crust is made simply out of:
- plain flour
- olive oil
- and warm water.
No waiting time is required to shape the crust base. Scroll down to the end of the page to see the full printable recipe.
GLUTEN-FREE CHICKPEA FLOUR QUICHE
I tested for you a gluten-free base option in case you are sensitive or allergic to gluten. To make the gluten-free base, you will just need some chickpea flour and buckwheat flour instead of the plain flour. Scroll down to the full printable recipe for more information.
If you don’t mind gluten, I would recommend you using the base recipe which is made with plain flour. The final result is not that different but you will get a more traditional quiche by using plain flour.
For more gluten-free vegan recipes, you can try this Two-Bean Vegan Chili (gluten-free | in Instant Pot) or these Giant Chocolate Chips Cookies (only 3 ingredients).
CHICKPEA FLOUR QUICHE WITHOUT CRUST
Another gluten-free option is to make this Chickpea Flour Quiche WITHOUT crust. It is not a common thing to do, but I have tested making no base quiche and I find it convenient when I want to make something really quick.
To make this vegan quiche without crust, simply use slightly more chickpea flour for the filling so the quiche doesn’t fall apart after cooking.
If you can, I recommend making a crust for your quiche. It is worth the 5 extra minutes of prep time.
CAN YOU FREEZE VEGAN QUICHE?
Yes, and I even recommend you to make an extra quiche and freeze it so you have a delicious meal ready for a busy day.
To freeze leftover quiche, let it cool down completely, place it in an airtight container, and freeze for up to 3 months. You can either microwave, air fry, or cook in the oven for a few minutes to unfreeze it.
To freeze a full quiche, slightly undercook it, let it cool down completely, wrap it in cling film, and freeze for up to 3 months. To unfreeze, cook in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes at 180.C (356.F).
- To make the quiche gluten-free, you can substitute the plain flour required for the base with a mix of chickpea flour and buckwheat flour.
- For the stir-fried vegetables, I use two banana shallots (long ones), one red bell pepper, and half an aubergine. You can substitute the banana shallots with any variety of shallots or onions, and substitute the bell pepper and aubergine with either some mushrooms, courgette, or potato.
- Instead of olive oil, you can use any type of vegetable oil (rapeseed oil, coconut oil…).
- You can substitute canned coconut milk with coconut cream. You can also try using soy milk if you have neither of those.
- Finally, feel free to add vegan cheese on top of the quiche to add extra taste.
I hope you will enjoy this recipe,
Chickpea Flour Quiche (egg-free | gluten-free options)
- Mixing bowl
- Whisk (or fork)
- Cooking pan
- Non-stick tart mould
- Rolling Pin
- wooden spoon
For the crust base
For the filling
For the stir-fry
- 1 tbsp olive oil - or any vegetable oil
- 2 banana shallots - or 4 small shallots or 1 small brown onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 aubergine
- Watch the recipe video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
- Preheat oven to 180.C (356.F)
For the crust base
For the filling
- In a mixing bowl, add all the "for the filling" ingredients. Mix well with a whisk.
For the stir-fry
- Heat cooking pan with olive oil. Meanwhile, peel and cut your shallots; wash and cut your aubergine in small cubes; and wash, deseed and slice your red bell pepper.
- Add veggies to the pan and cook on high heat for 2 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally with wooden spoon.
- Empty the stir-fry in the "for the filling" mixture and mix again with a whisk or spatula (recommended).
- Empty the filling mixture on top of the crust base. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Optional: top with some sliced red bell pepper to decorate; or top with vegan cheese for some extra taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the quiche is baked on the middle.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, serve warm and and enjoy! Optional: serve with unsweetened yoghurt.
Please note that all nutrition facts and information found on this website are for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor nor registered nutritionist, so please refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links, which means TheDorkyFrench receives a small commission at no additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand I only link products I use and recommend or I know could be helpful to you.
You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious and easy-to-follow recipes.
10% off all Kukybowls products, coconut bowls and cutlery by using this link.