What I love about these Mini Tomato and Garlic Tarts is how easy and convenient they are to make. They only require 5 basic ingredients that we all have at home, and they taste incredibly delicious for such a simple recipe! Tomato and garlic make an amazing combination that would be great for dinner starters or a friendly lunch. The vivid red colour of these Tomato Tarts is also perfect for a Valentine’s Day theme. Vegan, dairy-free, oil-free, nut-free, and sugar-free.
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE!
Feel free to bookmark (or pin) this recipe to save it for later.
You can also leave a comment at the end of the page to let me know how it went for you. I would also be happy to answer if you have any questions regarding this Mini Tomato and Garlic Tarts recipe.
Looking for more ‘5 ingredients or less’ vegan recipes?
- No-Bake Coconut Snowballs (gluten-free | vegan)
- 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (in less than 2 minutes)
- Raspberry Chocolate Chia Pudding (sugar-free | 5 ingredients)
- Giant Chocolate Chips Cookies (only 3 ingredients).
ABOUT THESE MINI TOMATO AND GARLIC TARTS
This recipe is designed for people who enjoy following quick and easy recipes, without compromising the quality and taste of the outcome of the recipe. By using minimal ingredients, we can optimise the explosion of savour from the garlic cloves and the tomatoes.
The Mini Tomato and Garlic Tarts, according to this recipe, are:
- ready in 30 minutes
Looking for more oil-free savoury recipes?
- Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine (oil-free | vegan)
- Coconut Red Lentil Dhal (gluten-free | oil-free)
- 3 Ingredients Beans Burgers (no blender | oil-free)
- No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread (only 4 ingredients).
HOW TO MAKE MINI TOMATO AND GARLIC TARTS?
To make this Tomato Tartlets recipe, you will need:
- whole wheat flour (or plain flour)
- cherry tomatoes (or sliced tomatoes)
- garlic cloves
- lime (or lemon).
Below is the one-minute recipe in video for you to see all instruction steps!
View this post on Instagram
I like using cherry tomatoes rather than ‘normal’ tomatoes, mostly because I find it more fun and tasty to bite in the whole tomatoes once the tartlets are cooked. If you use ‘normal’ tomatoes for this recipe, you would simply have to slice them before stuffing the mini-tarts.
I also recommend using ripe tomatoes for optimisation of flavours when combined with lime and garlic.
If you are not a fan of garlic, you can use onion instead.
I prefer to use whole wheat flour to make these Tomato Tartlets, but you can also use plain white flour which wouldn’t make that big of a difference.
That’s all for the substitutions, but feel free to leave a comment at the end of the page if you have any concern regarding this recipe.
I sincerely hope you will enjoy this recipe,
Mini Tomato and Garlic Tarts (only 5 ingredients | oil-free)
- non-stick tartlet tins
- Rolling Pin
- pestle grinding bowl
For the crust
- 80 g whole wheat flour - or plain flour
- 45 ml water - ambient temperature
For the filling
- 250 g ripe cherry tomatoes - or sliced tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/4 lime* - peeled - or lemon
- Watch the one-minute recipe video to see all instruction steps.
- Preheat the oven to 180.C (356.F).
- In a mixing bowl, add the whole wheat flour and the water. Mix briefly with the back of a wooden spoon. Then use your hands to knead until you get a dough that is uniform and not sticky. Adjust with water or flour if necessary.
- Using a rolling thing, roll out the dough as thin as possible on a clean dry work surface.
- Optional: grease tins with a little bit of oil (not necessary if you use non-stick tins).
- Use your non-stick tartlet tins to shape the crust into circles.
- Line the tartlets tins with the dough circles.
- Optional: if you have leftover dough, use it to shape little hearts (or anything else) that you will later on place on top of the tomato tartlets before baking.
- Using a pestle grinding bowl (or a knife if you don't have one), smash the garlic cloves and lime. Then spread the mixture evenly in each crust circle.
- Fill the tartlets with tomatoes (and with heart shaped dough if you have made them).
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes.
- Optional: top with black pepper and chopped spring onion.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Please note that all nutrition facts and information found on this website are for informational purposes only. I am not a doctor nor registered nutritionist, so please refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links, which means TheDorkyFrench receives a small commission at no additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand I only link products I use and recommend or I know could be helpful to you.
You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious and easy-to-follow recipes.
10% off all Kukybowls products, coconut bowls and cutlery by using this link.