These Muffin-Pan Carrot and Parsnip Cups are gluten-free, vegan, and super easy-to-make. They have a taste and texture similar to egg cups, due to the use of chickpea flour in this recipe. These vegetable cups, therefore, make a delicious savoury treat to enjoy with your family and friends, or for a simple healthy lunch or breakfast. Topped with a deliciously simple 3 ingredients Vegan Parmesan (in less than 2 minutes).
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE!
Make sure you bookmark (or pin) this Muffin-Pan Carrot and Parsnip Cups recipe to save it for later. I am sure you will very much enjoy making them; you will for sure love eating them!
And feel free to tag me on Instagram @thedorkyfrench if you try this recipe, or just leave a comment at the end of the page to let me know how it went for you. I would also be happy to answer if you have any questions regarding this recipe.
Looking for more gluten-free lunch recipes?
- Black Beans Stuffed Aubergine (oil-free | vegan)
- Chickpea Flour Quiche (egg-free | gluten-free options)
- 3 Ingredients Beans Burgers (no blender | oil-free)
- Chickpea ‘Omelette’ (no onion | no added oil)
- Mushroom, Lime and Peas Risotto (in Instant Pot)
HOW TO MAKE MUFFIN-PAN CARROT AND PARSNIP CUPS?
Please note this is just an overview of the recipe. Scroll down to the end of the page to see the full printable recipe.
You will need the following ingredients to make this recipe:
- olive oil
- tomato paste
- apple cider vinegar
- chickpea flour
- turmeric powder
- dry parsley
- cumin seeds
- chili powder
- 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (in less than 2 minutes)
To make the Muffin-Pan Carrot and Parsnip Cups, you will then need to:
- Preheat the oven.
- Cook the vegetables in olive oil.
- Add the tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, and spices and cook for a few more minutes.
- Turn of the heat, add the chickpea flour, and mix well.
- Divide the dough into the cups of a muffin tin.
- Top with 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (in less than 2 minutes) and bake in the oven.
RECIPE IN VIDEO (30 SEC)
View this post on Instagram
Now let’s jump straight to the recipe and get to cooking! And as always feel free to leave a comment at the end of the page if you have any questions.
Muffin-Pan Carrot and Parsnip Cups (gluten-free)
- wooden spoon
- Muffin tin
- Fina strainer
- 2 tbsp olive oil* - or any vegetable oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 parsnip
- 1 courgette - or another carrot or parsnip
- 250 g tomato paste - or fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar - or lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 150 g chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (less than 2 minutes)**
- Watch the 30-seconds recipe video to see all instruction steps.
- Preheat the oven to 180.C (356.F).
- Chop the onion, carrot, parsnip and courgette in very small cubes.
- Heat up a saucepan with olive oil, and cook the chopped vegetables on high heat for 2 minutes. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon.
- Add the tomato paste, apple cider vinegar and spices (salt, parsley, chili powder, turmeric powder, and cumin seeds) and cook for 3 more minutes on medium heat.
- Turn of the heat, add the chickpea flour, and mix well with the wooden spoon. To avoid lumps, use a fine strainer to sift the chickpea flour as you add it.
- Grease the cups of a muffin pan.
- Using a tablespoon, divide the dough into the 8 cups of a muffin tin.
- Sprinkle some 3 Ingredients Vegan Parmesan (in less than 2 minutes) on top of each muffin cup.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until the edges are brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Please note that all nutrition facts found on this website are for informational purposes only. Refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links. We only link products we use and recommend or know could be helpful to you. You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious recipes and useful content.