Perfectly chewy and very easy-to-make, these Quick Orange Brioche Buns make an original breakfast or a comforting snack to bring your friends and family together. Dairy-free, nut-free, made with 7 basic ingredients and without yeast.
These Orange Brioche Buns are:
- easy and fun to make
- ready in less than one hour
- made with no yeast
HOW TO MAKE QUICK ORANGE BRIOCHE BUNS?
You will need only 10 minutes of your time and the following 7 ingredients to make these delicious Orange Buns:
- Orange juice
- Plain flour
- Cane sugar
- Warm water
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil.
- The first step will be to mix all the dry ingredients.
- Then add the orange juice, the coconut oil, and mix again.
- Knead and adjust the texture with warm water to get the right consistency.
- Shape the buns, cover, and let rise for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the buns are golden on the top. Meanwhile, make the sugar glaze by mixing sugar and water.
- Brush the warm buns with the sugar glaze.
This is an overview of the recipe. Scroll down to the end of the page to see the full printable recipe.
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE
Make sure you bookmark (or pin) this Quick Orange Buns recipe to do some fun easy baking from home!
I would love to see your creation of this recipe so feel free to tag me or DM me on Instagram @thedorkyfrench if you try this recipe, or just leave a comment at the end of the page to let me know how it went for you, or if you have any questions.
Looking for more super easy to make easy vegan snack recipes?
- No-Bake Coconut Snowballs (vegan | gluten-free)
- Cranberry and Almond Chocolate Bark (only 3 ingredients)
- Vegan Banana Cake with Chocolate Glaze (oil-free)
- 4 Ingredients Yoghurt Blueberry Cake (gluten-free)
- Vegan Classic French Crepes
RECIPE IN VIDEO (30 SEC)
View this post on Instagram
Instead of coconut oil, you can use any vegetable oil or vegan butter.
Cinnamon could be substituted with vanilla extract.
As for the orange juice, I would 100% recommend pressing the juice out of a fresh orange but you can also use bottled orange juice.
Instead of cane sugar, you can use any other powdered sugar.
I sincerely hope you will enjoy this recipe Don’t forget to let me know on social media or in comments what you thought of it!
Quick Orange Brioche Buns (vegan | no butter)
- Cake tin
- wooden spoon
- Mixing bowl
- Pastry brush
For the orange buns
- 280 g plain flour
- 30 g cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 orange - juiced
- 30 ml melted coconut oil - ambient temperature
- warm water - just above ambient temperature
For the sugar glaze
- 10 g cane sugar
- 5 ml hot water
- Watch the 30-seconds recipe video to see all instruction steps.
- In a mixing bowl, use the back of a wooden spoon to mix together the plain flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and cane sugar.
- Add the orange juice and the coconut oil, and mix again with the back of the wooden spoon.
- Knead for at least 5 minutes, adjusting the texture with warm water so you get a dough that is wet but not sticky.
- Grease a deep cake tin or cover a cake tin with baking paper.
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces, and use your hands to gently shape the dough into buns. Gently roll the dough in the palms of your hands without pressing on the dough.
- Place the buns in the cake tin, and cover them with plastic wrap or a clean tea towel. Let rise for 30 minutes in a warm place*. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 180.C (356.F)**.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the buns are golden on the top.
- Meanwhile, make the sugar glaze by mixing the 10 g of sugar with the 5 ml of water.
- As soon as you take the buns out of the oven, use a pastry brush to cover the buns with a sugar glaze.
- Optional: sprinkle the buns with a little bit of salt.
- Let cool for 10 minutes. Serve with marmalade, apricot jam, vegan butter, peanut butter, a cup of coffee, some hot chocolate... and enjoy!
- Consume the same day or the next morning. Store in a dry place wrapped in a clean dry tea towel.
Please note that all nutrition facts found on this website are for informational purposes only. Refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links. We only link products we use and recommend or know could be helpful to you. You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious recipes and useful content.