This Vegan Banana Cake with Chocolate Glaze, easy-to-make and made with no blender, is a delicious treat and dessert that will please anyone, anywhere. Topped AND stuffed with a sumptuous simple Chocolate Glaze, this moist bready cake is also nut-free, dairy-free, oil-free, and egg-free.
IS VEGAN BANANA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE HEALTHY?
Apart from being incredibly moist, perfectly sweet, and made with no butter, this Vegan Banana Cake (or banana bread, whatever you may call it!) recipe is:
Moreover, this recipe is made without using a blender or food processor.
PRINT, PIN, OR BOOKMARK THIS RECIPE!
Make sure you bookmark (or pin) this recipe so you can make it later and instantly brighten your day and your loved ones’!
You can also tag me on Instagram @thedorkyfrench if you try this recipe, or just leave a comment at the end of the page to let me know how it went for you! I love seeing you guys recreating my recipes.
HOW TO STORE VEGAN BANANA BREAD?
Once cool completely, store in the fridge in an airtight storage container or an airtight bag for up to 4 days.
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA CAKE WITH CHOCOLATE GLAZE?
Please note this is just an overview of the recipe. Scroll down to the end of the page to see the full printable recipe.
- Mix all the ‘for the cake’ ingredients and bake the cake in the oven.
- While the cake is baking, make the Chocolate Glaze and let it cool.
- Once the cake is baked, let it cake cool and cut it in half.
- Spread half of the Chocolate Glaze on the bottom half of the cake, then close it.
- Spread the rest of the Chocolate Glaze on top of the cake, then add some banana chips for decoration.
WHAT INGREDIENTS TO MAKE VEGAN BANANA CAKE?
- ripe bananas
- plant milk
- brown sugar
- apple cider vinegar
- baking powder
- plain flour.
RECIPE IN VIDEO (1 MIN)
Follow TheDorkyFrench on youtube for more vegan recipe videos.
WHAT MAKES VEGAN BANANA CAKE MOIST?
The combination of the ingredients listed above is what will make your Vegan Banana Cake with Chocolate Glaze incredibly moist and fluffy.
Notice we will be using ripe bananas. Ripe bananas make an amazing egg substitute. Plus, when bananas are ripe, the fruit starch turns into sugar, so the bananas also play the role of sweetener in this recipe, along with the brown sugar.
If you have ripe bananas on hand, you can also try these Giant Chocolate Chips Cookies (only 3 ingredients), these Vegan Chocolate Stuffed Pancakes (gluten-free), or again these Chocolate Chips Muffins (oil-free | vegan).
TOPPING FOR VEGAN BANANA CAKE
The Chocolate Glaze for this succulent Vegan Banana Cake is made simply out of 2 ingredients:
- dark chocolate
- plant milk.
I also love to top this cake with some dehydrated banana chips. For this, I use the Ninja Air-fryer (has a dehydrator function) which is awesome and became an essential tool in my everyday cooking. You can use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost and type ‘Ninja Air Fryer’. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious and easy-to-follow recipes.
Affiliate disclaimer: please note this link is an affiliate link, which means TheDorkyFrench receives a small commission at no additional cost to you if you decide to make a purchase. Please understand I only link products I use and recommend or I know could be helpful to you.
I sincerely hope you will enjoy my recipe,
Vegan Banana Cake with Chocolate Glaze (oil-free)
- Mixing bowl
- Rectangle loaf tin
- Large knife
For the Banana Cake
- 2.5 ripe bananas - about 280 g
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 280 g plain white flour
- 80 ml plant milk - I use soy milk
For the Chocolate Glaze
- 100 g dark chocolate - I use 52 % dark chocolate
- 100 ml soy milk
- 1/2 banana - leftover from the Banana Cake
- Watch the one-minute recipe video (scroll down a bit) to see all instruction steps.
- Optional: if like me you choose to dehydrate your 1/2 banana that will be used for topping the cake at the end of the recipe, then slice your 1/2 banana in thin slices and start dehydrating them as soon as possible, as it may take a little while.*
For the Banana Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180.C (356.F).
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork.
- Add the salt, baking powder and brown sugar. Mix well with the fork.
- Add the plain flour and mix briefly with the fork, then add the plant milk and mix well until the mixture is smooth and uniform.
- Optional: slightly grease your baking tin (or use baking paper).
- Pour the mixture evenly in a loaf tin, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until cake is golden on the outside.
For the Chocolate Glaze
- While the cake is baking, make the Chocolate Glaze by adding the soy milk and dark chocolate in a saucepan. Heat it up to low medium heat, and stir constantly with a spatula until the Chocolate Glaze is uniform.** Turn of the heat and let the sauce cool down completely.
Assemble the cake
- Once the Banana Cake is baked, let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a large sharp knife, cut the cake in half and place the top half on the side.
- Using a spatula, pour half of the Chocolate Glaze on top of the the bottom half of the Banana Cake.
- Put the other half back on, and pour the leftover Chocolate Glaze on the top half of the Banana Bread.
- If not already done, slice 1/2 banana in very thin slices. Using your fingers, spread the dehydrated (or not!) slices of banana on top of the cake to decorate.
- Enjoy, and store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Please note that all nutrition facts found on this website are for informational purposes only. Refer to a professional for medical advice.
Affiliate disclaimer: this page may contain affiliate links. We only link products we use and recommend or know could be helpful to you. You can also use this link to shop on Amazon at no additional cost. All purchases contribute to bringing you more delicious recipes and useful content.