Squash Finger Nuggets (gluten-free | vegan)
Make these Squash finger Nuggets for a perfect autumnal snack that can be dipped into your favourite sauce or served on side of your favourite dish. These Squash Finger Nuggets are vegan, gluten-free, easy-to-make, nut-free and require only 7 ingredients!
Servings: 3 people
Masher (or fork)
Large cooking pan
- 300 g (raw weight) squash (about 1/2 small squash) peeled and cut in cubes
- 200 g (raw weight) potato (about 1 potato) cut in cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil or any vegetable oil
- 1 onion peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsps soy sauce or tamari for gluten-free
- 1 tsp paprika powder
*I recommend removing the pan from the heat as soon as you finish cooking the onion so it can start cooling down as you will have to use your hands.
**Or a fork if your pan if scratch-proof.
***I love to serve these Squash Nuggets with a mix of Sriracha sauce and ketchup, and with a side of melted vegan cheese.